Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy Monday!

Good Morning Girls! I hope you ladies are having a Happy Monday! Let's get started...

Acts 9:1-9
(Paraphrased)

Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord's disciples. He went to the High Priest to ask him for te letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there that belonged to the Way, whether it be men or women, he would take them as prisoners to Jerusalem. As he got closer to Damascus, suddenly a light from heaven flashed all around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul,Saul, why do you persecute me?" "Who are you Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,"he replied."Now get up and go into the city and you will be told what you must do." The men traveling with Saul stood there speechless; they heard the sound but did not see anyone. Saul got up but when he opened his eyes he could see nothing. So they led him by the hand into Damascus. For three days he was blind and did not eat or drink anything.

I don't know about you gals but I ask Jesus daily, "Why in the world did you choose us?" Our family is so disfunctional! With all of our failures and our frailties!
A the blinding light falls on the murderous persecuter Saul, we are left in the dark to understand why we have each been called. But our eyes are opened to the One who called. And we sigh and say,"How very like Him."
Lukes account of Saul's conversion is probably quite familiar to you ladybugs. In my mind, I can just see Saul strutting around Jerusalem, determined to make a name for himself as a hotheaded rabbi seeking authorization to arrest followers of Jesus in Damascus and return them to Jerusalem. He was on his journey when God intervened and knocked him off his donkey. Jesus asked Saul,"Why are you persecuting Me?" This encounter left a blind and very "taken to the woodshed" Saul being led to Damascus where he would hear about Jesus from a courageous believer named Ananias.
Would you ladies agree with me that no example could much better illustrate the statement that a person can be sincere in his beliefs yet be sincerely wrong? Saul knew it all, and yet he still knew nothing..

Let's pray:
Our precious Heavenly Father, We love you Lord and praise You today! I pray Lord that you will help us to see You in all things and not miss it when You are at work in our lives. Alot of us have sickness going on in our families Lord and we ask that you heal them Lord. We have physical and spiritual sicknesses Father that only You have the power to heal. I love that about You! I love knowing that I have a Father that with only a thought can move a mountain for us! We thank You for calling us to do Your work and spread Your Gospel. It is a privelage that we will not take lightly and will continue to give You the praise and the glory Lord. In Your Name we pray..
AMEN!!

I love you all and am praying for each of you today!

In Him I Remain,
Shana

2 comments:

  1. Shana, I want you to know I am sorry for not posted but I could not get on in the female dorm I was in. I just want you know how you do inspire me with your words and prayers keep it up I need it.



    Your Sister in Christ,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you T! I am praying for you always!!

    ReplyDelete