Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy Monday!

Good Morning LadyBugs!! Is this the most awesome weather we are having or what!?! I love this time of year! I love opening the windows and patio door first thing in the morning...I wish you gals were listening to the chorus of frogs coming through here! BEAUTIFUL!! Let's get started! :)

Phillipians 3:12-21

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers,I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you.Only let us live up to what we have already attained. Join with others in following my example brothers, and take not of those who live according to the pattern we gave you. For, as I have often told youbefore and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Chirst. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame.Their mind is on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Reflection:

Saul's life is a testimony to zeal misplaced and then transformed toward an eternal purpose. How does a sense of that purpose play into the activities you perform each day?

If you are regularly suffering from a lack of purpose and meaning, does the problem lie with the things you're doing or with the way you're doing them? Or both?

Let's end with some important thoughts on zeal. In the conversion of Saul, we see demonstrated that: a) we can wholeheartedly believe in someting and be wholeheartedly wrong and b) sincerity means nothing if it is midirected. Saul believed in his cause with all his heart, yet it led him down the path to destruction. Saul was sincere. As he stated in Act 26:9, "I myself supposed it was necessary to do may things in opposition to the name of Jesus the Nazarene." Christ not only snatched Saul from Satan that pivotal day; He also snatched Saul from himself-from his own misguided zeal, his own obsessions. He can snatch you from yours too. I am living proof. I couldn't count the times during any given month that I thank God for saving me not only from Satan but from myself.
Having studied the life of Saul, how can we ever doubt that Christ can save? Is anyone too wicked? Anyone too murderous? Grace never draws a line with a willing soul. His arm is never too short to save (Isa. 59:1). He can reach into the deepest pit or down the dustiest road to Damascus. Yes, some things are gray such as, " Why did He choose us?" But some things are still black and white- I once was lost but now I'm found, was blind but now I see.

Let's Pray:

Heavenly Father, We love You Lord and praise you today! We come to You boldly Lord and ask You Lord to lead us where You desire. May our desires mirror Yours Lord and may we follow faithfully , directing our zeal and passion for holy, eternal purposes. We thank You Father for saving us,not just from an eternity in hell seperated from You but also from ourselves Lord. All these things we pray in Your Holy Son's Name Jesus...
AMEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment