Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy Monday!

WHAT A WEEKEND!!! Oh my goodness! I am still reeling from all the excitement! I went with some of the girls from Grace to the Deeper Still Conference and the Lord just absolutely knocked the polish off the toes of my flip flopped feet! Beth Moore has always been and is still my favorite Bible Teacher, but I now have a new favorite running right along with my sweet Beth, Miss Priscilla Shirer has just stolen my heart. She is just a sassy sweet girl and the love of the Lord just radiates from her. I am impressed as well by how she is juggling the ministry and raisin' all them babies! Anyway, for those that didn't get to go I just wanted to kinda summarize the conference and though I could never give it the justice it would require I will surely try!

Miss Kay Arthur taught on the love of God. We are daughters of the King. He loves the ungodly and the ugly...She talked about the benefits of using the Inductive Study Bible and gave us a little "lesson" on how to use this approach. I went the next day and got myself one and just adore it already!

Miss Priscilla Shirer taught on my addiction to chaos! This girl knew my name! Let me tell ya! I realized just how enslaved that I was to work....but after hearing this ladies, I literally heard the chains of bondage break off of me...I learned that it's okay and absolutely Biblical to take a "sabbath day" and if I take the gifts that God has given me and step over into my "sabbath day" I will be just like the Israelites and take more than my share of manna for the day and in turn it will begin to stink and become distasteful. I was right there. All of the gifts that God has given me to enjoy was becoming putrid to me because I was overworked and stressed. He never wanted me to be addicted to work, school or the ministry.

Miss Beth Moore...you ladybugs know how I love me some Beth! Well, she was all that and a double fudge chocolate chip cookie! I learned to think in generations! I learned that some of us were in the Lois group, the Eunice group and the Timothy group...It was such a blessing to have all those ladies praying for us and each generation. I learned three things:
1. God has a unique regard for generations.
2. We are each in our generation on purpose.
3. Each generation is linked to the other two.

I had so many questions going into this conference this weekend. I had gotten discouraged and went to this conference with a list asking "What about this Lord?" Just to tell you the truth, it was a total revival for me. I needed that. He is so faithful to His children. I can't wait to throw my arms around my Savior and show Him how much I love and appreciate what He has done for me. I got so much more than I expected and deserved this weekend.(Not to mention, I got to see Beth Moore in the flesh!)

The call that we have on our lives, may not be fully manifested in us. It may manifest itself through our children or our grandchildren. Every generation has a responsibility . Let's be part of a generation that seeks Him. Let's always support and encourage our christian brothers and sisters. We are all running the same race and fighting for the same cause...CHRIST!

I love you girls more than you will ever know. Whether we are minutes apart or hours. Mine Sandy, I know that our time with you is coming to a close and though I am sad because I will miss looking over and seeing you sitting on that front pew, I know that you are doing exactly what you are called to do and I am so proud to have had you for a "season" and if we don't get to see you much between now and glory, I know that I will get to spend my eternity with you at the feet of our precious Lord, Jesus Christ. However, I am praising Him right now for just sending you a couple hours away! LOL! I am praying for you all and cannot wait to see what you blog about as you set out on this journey!

I love you so much my Ladybugs!

Happy Monday!

In Him I Remain,
Shana

No comments:

Post a Comment