Friday, January 28, 2011

Frugal Friday!!

Hello Gals!! It's Friday!! Praising God for that today! It has been a long week and I am looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday...Well...Roy and I have been working on ways to save money by just "Trimming the fat" (Roys words...not mine) LOL! So...our biggest expense has been GROCERIES...imagine that...So I thought I would post a few recipes, household tricks and etc on Fridays...if you have some frugal ideas please postem! I have found that my biggest money "leaks" seem to be processed freezer foods, cakes, cookies and other snack items. I know that many of us don't seem to have time to make things from scratch to save money but I do one freezer day per month and I am able to stock my freezers with homemade items that cost dollars to make. The first month that I started frugal living our grocery bill was cut drastically! Even if you are not interested you can start with small things like I did in the beginning, I quit buying cookies for the kids and baked and froze them. I also quit buying cheez its and baked my own and froze them as well... I few dollars here and a few dollars there really start to add up...I will start by posting a recipe and add your own as we go!
Love you ladyfriends!

These are my kids favorite and they freeze very well!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffiins
Makes approx. 30 muffins

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 (16 oz.) can of pumpkin
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups of vegetable oil ( YES..one and a quarter cup)
3 cups flour
2tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
12 oz. bag of semi sweet chocolate chips

In large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla and oil until smooth. Mix dry ingredients together and mix into pumpkin mixture. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake at 400 F for 16-20 minutes. Yummy!!


In Him I Remain,
Shana

1 comment:

  1. Thanks my dearie! Today was a saving day for me as well! Instead making a trip to Wally world I did my shopping right where I am! The Family Dollar and Save A Lot. A few things are bit more expensive at the FD and the selection isn't huge but they have what I "need", same thing with Save a Lot. You DON'T HAVE to have name brand - REALLY! Plus, I didn't have to spend $50 filling up the van. But I do realize that not everyone is 5 minutes away from the grocery. And homemade is CHEAPER and BETTER!

    In Christ,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete