Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy Monday!

Hebrews 10:32-39
Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you stood your ground in a great contest in the face of suffering. Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated. You sympathized with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property, because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions. So do not throw away your confidence it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised. For in a very little while,"He who is coming will come and not delay. But my righteous one will live by faith. And if He shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him. But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved.

So many times we are "going through something" and we look up to the heavens and say, "How much longer? How much more can happen?" I love the book of Hebrews! There is so much in there for those of us that are going through something! I am so guilty of (as Pastor Mike says) going to the phone and not the throne when something "else"happens. There are so many something happenings going on in our families right now. But Ladies, I have learned that is just livin' life...I say it to myself daily and sometimes hourly, Lord, hang on to me, I am really livin' life right now!
In verse 38 it says, "But my righteous one will live by faith."
Hebrews 11:1 says, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
As we read on down throughout the 11th chapter we see, By faith Abel, By faith Enoch, By faith Noah, By faith Abraham, By faith Isaac, By faith Joseph, By faith Moses, By faith the people passed through the Red Sea, By faith the walls of Jericho fell, By faith the prostitute Rahab, and By faith Shana, and By faith Sandy, and By faith Tara, and By faith Lori, and By faith Wendy, and By faith Teresa, then it says and what more shall I say?

So, gals, what can I say? Stand strong, have faith, persevere, don't shrink back! Praying for you today!

A prayer for you all today:
Our Heavenly Father, I love you Lord and I am so thankful to get up today to fight the good fight with these ladies in this group. I ask Lord that you raise us up today out of our mudpits and give us the faith to walk on mud with You! Help us Lord to be the wives, mothers, daughters, and Sisters that You would have us to be and I pray Lord that we won't get weary in our race and we will finish strong just as You have commanded. Help us Lord, to bear one another's burdens and do so with compassion and pure hearts. We love you so much Father and ask you for forgiveness of our sins and trespasses. In Jesus name we pray...AMEN!

Love you through and through!

In Him I Remain,
Shana

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I'm getting ready to leave and just had to check for "Monday" one more time;) I so enjoy this weekly devotional time. Love you so much! It was SO good to see you last night!

    In Christ,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shana what can I say "love the devotional". We need to pray with people more stop right then with them when we say "I will pray for you" or "I will put you on my prayer list". How much better you feel and them to know that you did pray. We all have done it we tell them we will pray for them but then we seem to forget about it in our prayers because of our busy schedule. So the next time someone says pray for me lets make it a point to stop and say "Lets pray right now".

    Tara

    ReplyDelete