Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy Monday!

Happy Monday my girlies!! I am a little behind schedule today! I really needed to spend some time with the Lord this morning and I am just now posting but well...I guess it is what it is...that is my new motto...I am what I am and it is what it is...as long as we are what we are in Him and seek His kingdom and His righteousness then all of those "other things" will be given unto us..right?...right! I won't be doing our devotional on the Beth Moore study today...God has led me in a different direction...this one is more for me than anyone else....so let's get started and see where we end up...K?

Deuteronomy 8:1-5
Be careful to follow every command I am giving you today, so that you may live and increase and may enter and possess the land that the Lord promised on oath to your forefathers. Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep His commands. He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord. Your clothes did not wear out and your feet did not swell druing these forty years. Know then in your heart that as a man disciplines his son, so the Lord your God disciplines you.

Been in the wilderness lately? I heard someone say that there are some that NEVER get out. I don't want to be one of the Israelites that dies in the wilderness. It is so easy to get caught up in the world..to get lost in the: time vs. space and wants vs. needs and flesh vs. spirit...been there a long time...I am paying close attention to the verses that say, " Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep His commands." Have you all, like me, been humbled and tested? Were you as disgusted as I was of what was in your heart? I have been all of these things in the last week and I am choosing today, not to be disgusted anymore, I have found in God's Word that He has given me everything that I need to be able to get out of the wilderness and cross over into the promise land..however, don't misunderstand me, God tells us again that as we are enjoying the promise of our forefathers, we must follow these commands because on down in verse 19 God tells us that when we are in the promise land and we are enjoying the land of plenty, we MUST NOT forget the Lord our God, if we bow down to other gods (house, cars, money, etc) then we will surely be destroyed...I know in my heart that I love the Lord, I know in my heart that you ladies do too...but are we remembering God in all things? Let's decide today to go with God, not just on Sundays, on the phone with our Besties, or while we are visiting the sick and not just while we are on the phone with our Pastor!...let's remember God in ALL THINGS...if not, His Word says that we will be destroyed...I think if we are guilty of that, He may take us out of this world, or even worse, He may take us back to where we came from...before Him...that is a place that would be worse than death for me...can you imagine being in a place (spiritually) where you wouldn't hear God or feel His presence? BUT...I am thanking God today for His discipline! I was thinking of how that we discipline our own children, we do so with love, once the discipline has taken place, we go to our children and tell them that they are to obey us and when they don't they will be punished, then we will show them our forgiveness by giving them a hug or telling them we love them. God does us the same way girls, He looks into our mascara streaked eyes and tells us that He loves us, and we understand the discipline was needed (and deserved). I am so thankful to be His...Even more...I am so thankful to call Him mine...

I love you ladies! Through and through!

In Him I Remain,
Shana

5 comments:

  1. Shanna,

    As usual your words do more than inspire, they encourage me and always seem to come when that's exactly what I need to hear. We all know that's no accident. Thanks and keep praying for me, Annabelle and our situation. It's definetely a God problem.

    Praying daily and loving you girls,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Wendy! And thanks as always mine Shana!

    Love you much!

    In Christ,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHoo Wendy!! You did it!! I am sooo excited!! Love you all so much!!

    In Him I Remain,
    Shana

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I was reading back over this post tonight, I noticed how that He said He caused us to hunger and fed us with manna..that neither we or our fathers had known...I love that...He has caused me to hunger..a hunger that only He can eternally feed with His Word...I pray that we will ingest His Word and digest it,and break it down so that it will be distributed throughout our entire bodies..you know gals...only God can do that! There is nothing and no one that can do what He can do...Praise Him right NOW ladies..I know I am! Love you all!

    In Him I Remain,
    Shana

    ReplyDelete