Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Monday!

Happy Monday Gals! It is hard to believe that another year is almost over...this is the last Happy Monday Devotional Post I will do in 2010. I am excited for a new year, I love new beginnings. I am not one of those people that do New Year Resolutions, I used to be, but it just didn't stick with me. I would start out with the best of intentions and by the next week I was full of reasons to not continue. However, I did read something somewhere saying that anything you do consistently for 3 weeks will cause you to form a habit, so I am going to do a read the Bible in 90 days with Tara and hopefully that will help me to form good study habits. I love to read the Bible but I don't have a good system for study. So, I am praying about that and if any of you gals have any tips for me, please, send me some. I need em! Anyway, let's do our last Happy Monday Devotional of 2010....
Luke 1:39-44
At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea, where she entered Zechariah's home and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. In a loud voice, she exclaimed: Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy.

Ok...let's look at something here...you have two women, one too young and one too old...they are both expecting and very much in need of each others friendship right now. Elizabeth and Mary both had questionable pregnancies and both of them had to have been feeling so many different emotions, they needed each other, they needed to be with one another so they could bear each others burdens so to speak. I want you to see the relationship they have here. You normally don't see a teenage girl running to an elderly woman seeking out that kind of friendship. But you do here. It is evident that these relationships are necessary. This was a relationship that was Christ arranged and I know that my relationship with you ladies is Christ arranged also. I know that none of us are up in age and pregnant and none of us are carrying our Lord and Savior but we are all running the same race together with the same goal. God has given you ladies to me so that I can share my joys and my heartaches. I can be standing with my back turned to you all and I can hear your voice and immediately recognize which of you is speaking. I like to list the things that are most special to me at the end of every year and you all are at the top of my list. We all have our "Treasures" and you are definitely mine. Thank you for being my friends and thank you for loving me. I get tickled when Sandy says, "You love me because God makes you love me!" But please know that I love you because you are special to me, and I prayed for you, I prayed for you and the relationships that I have with you. We are Women of Galatians 6:2!

I love you my ladyfriends! I hope that we will still be doing this when 2012 rolls around!

In Him We Remain,
Shana

No comments:

Post a Comment